15 Things Most People Don't Know About Jonah Hill
On 28th December 2016
Jonah Hill started off as one of the biggest comedy stars in Hollywood. He was making movies that were instantly going to number one at the box office! Remember him in Superbad, Knocked Up, and The 40-Year-Old Virgin?! But it wasn't enough for Jonah and he became one of the most sought after actors when he started acting in serious drama movies. Suddenly he was working with Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt and earning Oscar nominations! You know his movies and you probably know some of his character's best lines, but how well do you know Jonah Hill? Keep reading to find out more about the famous actor!
1. He's childhood friends with Adam Levine, the lead singer of Maroon 5.
Jonah's brother actually manages the band!
2. Jonah and Adam are very close friends. When Adam got married to Behati Prinsloo, Jonah officiated the wedding!
3. Jonah's got some famous friends!
His friendship with Dustin Hoffman's children led to him getting an audition for his very first movie I Heart Huckabees.
4. He's said in interviews that his best day on set was when he filmed the eBay scene in The 40-Year-Old Virgin with Catherine Keener!
I love that scene!
5. Jonah was so desperate to work with Martin Scorsese in The Wolf of Wall Street that he took a HUGE pay cut.
His fellow cast members were getting paid millions and he took home just $60,000 for his work.
6. Martin actually had Jonah in mind for the part and wanted to meet with him about it.
Jonah refused and actually demanded that he audition for the part.
I love that Jonah did this. He really wanted to prove that he deserved to be in the movie!
7. Jonah had such a good time working with Justin Long on Campus Ladies that they became roommates!
According to Justin, the two had to stop being roommates after they would "fight like an old married couple." Supposedly Justin didn't like that Jonah loved to recycle everything!
8. Jonah's so sweet! The tattoo on his arm is for his grandma!
The tattoo says "Nancy rules."
9. Jonah wore fake teeth in The Wolf of Wall Street!
He had a tough time getting rid of a lisp when he wore them so he spent hours on the phone calling random businesses as practice!
10. You can thank Jonah for making 21 Jump Street happen.
He was the one who convinced Channing Tatum to be in the movie. Channing had actually passed on the movie twice before!
11. Before he was a famous actor, Jonah used to write plays and perform them himself!
12. When he was filming The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Jonah got heatstroke from the final dance number!
13. Jonah's pretty great at improvising!
He was the one who improvised the line to ask for a bite of the Milk Way bar in This Is the End. All the other actors in the scene just decided to follow along!
14. Jonah's been nominated for an Oscar twice! Once for Moneyball and another for The Wolf of Wall Street!
15. Jonah actually wanted to be a hip-hop producer and then he got to play one in Get Him to the Greek! His dream came true!
SHARE if you want Jonah and Seth Rogen to do another movie together!