16 Fascinating Facts About Drew Barrymore
On 10th January 2017
If you've seen the 1998 film Ever After, then you'll know exactly why Drew Barrymore is one of my favorite actresses. From dramas to comedies to romances, Drew can seriously play any role. And although I've loved the actress for years now, I had absolutely no idea that her childhood and teenage years were so tumultuous. Her family background and early life are pretty interesting, and definitely a little bit tragic. But what I love about Drew is that she persevered through the tough times to become the wonderful actress, mother, author, and philanthropist she is today. Keep on scrolling to learn 16 fascinating facts about one of Hollywood's greatest, Drew Barrymore!
1. Drew comes from a long line of famous actors, so she was basically destined for great things.
Not only are both of Drew's parents actors (John and Jaid Barrymore), but her grandfather was famous Hollywood actor John Barrymore.
2. Everyone thinks that E.T. was Drew's first acting gig, but she actually began her career at a much younger age!
In 1975 at just 11-months-old, Drew starred in a Puppy Chow commercial.
3. Drew is the record holder for the youngest person to ever host Saturday Night Live.
She was only seven years old when she hosted the show for the first time in 1982 and has since hosted SNL a whopping six times.
4. Drew's godfather is the iconic Steven Spielberg.
Not a bad person to have watching over you!
5. Steven Spielberg isn't Drew's only famous godparent.
Sophia Loren and Anna Strasberg are Drew's godmothers!
6. At age fourteen, Drew lived with famous rocker David Crosby and his wife for three months.
From an early age, Drew struggled with addiction issues and was in and out of rehab. When discussing Drew's stay at his home, Crosby said, "I didn't want to see her go down the tubes. She needed to be around some people that were committed to sobriety."
7. When Drew was just fifteen years old, she filed for and was awarded legal emancipation from her parents.
This would give her the same rights as an eighteen-year-old, and she subsequently moved to Los Angeles by herself.
8. Drew is a published author of multiple works.
When she was fifteen, Drew released a memoir entitled Little Girl Lost. In 2014, her photography book, Find It In Everything, was released and in 2015, she released a collection of autobiographical essays entitled Wildflower.
9. Drew briefly dated actor and musician Cory Feldman in 1989.
Here they are at the Academy Awards in that same year!
10. Drew was briefly married at age nineteen.
She married Los Angeles bar owner Jeremy Thomas after only six weeks of dating. They split two months later.
11. Drew was supposed to play the lead role in 1996's Scream.
She decided to play Casey Becker instead (who only appears in the film for the opening scene) because she thought it would be more fun.
12. Drew used to be BFF with Courtney Love.
Although they hardly speak nowadays, Drew is the godmother of Courtney's daughter, Frances Bean.
13. After co-starring in Best Men and Home Fries, Drew dated Luke Wilson.
Drew and Luke dated for two years before splitting. This is one celeb couple I would've loved to see stay together!
14. A tragic house fire completely destroyed Drew's three-million-dollar Beverly Hills mansion.
During the time of the fire, Drew and her fiancÃ© at the time, Tom Green, were asleep inside. Thankfully, the two of them made it out of the house safely!
15. In 1997, Drew launched a production company, Flower Films, with her good friend, Nancy Juvonen.
Flower Films is the production company behind famous film titles like Never Been Kissed, Charlie's Angels, 50 First Dates, and Donnie Darko!
16. Drew is allergic to bee stings, garlic, perfume, and coffee!
I couldn't imagine being allergic to coffee... I basically depend on it!
COMMENT and SHARE if you love Drew Barrymore as much as I do!