Meghan Markle’s Half-Sister Takes The Blame For Her Father’s Staged Paparazzi Photos

Posted by Sughra Hafeez in Entertainment On 18th May 2018

Meghan Markle's reclusive father prepping for the Royal Wedding was staged and Meghan’s half-sister Samantha has spoken out in his defense.

Staged photos

Thomas Markle has been seen in what have been confirmed to be staged photos and taken for his own financial gain of $135,932 (£100,000) but Samantha insists it wasn't done for money. The photos seem to show a man very earnestly preparing for his future as a distant relative by marriage of the royal family.

Pictures were taken by Photographer Jeff Rayner at the Omega internet cafe on March 27

Thomas can be seen reading a book about England, scrolling through photos of Harry and Meghan at an Internet cafe. According to the Daily Mail, Markle's father received $135,000 for the photos which included him getting fit for a suit for the wedding.

Markle’s half-sister took the blame

It turns out Markle’s half-sister, Samantha Markle, also known as Samantha Grant has been behind those staged shot. She wrote on Twitter:

"The bad press over my father doing staged photos is my fault. The media was unfairly making him look bad so I suggested he do positive photos for his benefit and the benefit of the royal family."

She added, "We had no idea he would be taken advantage of. It was not for money."

Samantha elaborated on British talk show Loose Women:

"I have to say I am entirely the culprit, “As we know the media can take very unflattering photographs of people on their casual days and blow it way out of proportion. I said, you know, the world has no idea you’re getting in shape, doing healthy things. They don’t photograph you buying vegetables and PH water. They photograph you as unflattering ways as they can."

She added:

"So I suggested it. There’s a lot of scrutinies that it was money motivated, it was not. It was my suggestion that to benefit him and to benefit the royal family that everyone looked good and they depict you as you are—in shape and doing healthy things."

Warning issued by Kensington Palace

Kensington Palace has previously issued warnings to the media not to publish pictures of Mr Markle or Ms Markles mother, Doria Ragland, taken under circumstances of harassment, insisting they had no wish to take part in any personal publicity.

Thomas Markle's son, Thomas Markle Junior, told the Daily Mirror:

"Won’t saying anything publicly but he’ll apologize sincerely to Meg and the Royal Family".

According to the Telegraph UK.

"Thomas Markle has received support from Kensington Palace since his daughter’s royal engagement was announced and is set to meet her fiance, Prince Harry, for the first time this week."

Mr. Markle e will walk his daughter down the aisle on May 19.

Watch the video here:

Sponsored Content

Recommended Content

Entertainment
Benedict Cumberbatch Refuses To Sign Any New Role Unless Female Counterparts Are Offered Equal Pay
Benedict Cumberbatch Refuses To Sign Any New Role Unless Female Counterparts Are Offered Equal Pay
Entertainment
Sherlock Holmes 3 Is Going To Hit Theatres In 2020 With Robert Downey Jr's Return As The Ingenius Detective!
Sherlock Holmes 3 Is Going To Hit Theatres In 2020 With Robert Downey Jr's Return As The Ingenius Detective!
Entertainment
Ryan Reynolds Opens Up About His Struggle With Anxiety And The Ways The Deadpool Star Has Learned Over The Years To Cope With It
Ryan Reynolds Opens Up About His Struggle With Anxiety And The Ways The Deadpool Star Has Learned Over The Years To Cope With It
Entertainment
Gigi Hadid Apologizes After Facing Backlash Over Vogue Italia's Cover, Says The Criticism Is Valid
Gigi Hadid Apologizes After Facing Backlash Over Vogue Italia's Cover, Says The Criticism Is Valid
Entertainment
Country Music Band The "Dixie Chicks" Gave A Statement 12 Years Ago That Almost Ended Their Career, Take A Look At The Full Story
Country Music Band The "Dixie Chicks" Gave A Statement 12 Years Ago That Almost Ended Their Career, Take A Look At The Full Story
Entertainment
Brooklyn Beckham Shocks Dad David Beckham On His 43rd Birthday With A Surprise Visit
Brooklyn Beckham Shocks Dad David Beckham On His 43rd Birthday With A Surprise Visit
More in Entertainment